A Remote 16 Week Exercise Program Begins Soon! Registration is NOW Open!
Program Starts June 20, 2022
The Enhanced®Fitness program is an evidence-based program which fosters improved health and well-being in participants, including enhanced balance, flexibility and strength leading to a healthier, more confident individual. Enhance Fitness focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility—everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
Class consists of:
- A 5-minute warm up to prepare muscles and joints for movement
- A 20-minute aerobics workout choreographed to music that gets participants moving while standing or seated
- A 5-minute cool-down A 20-minute strength training segment to improve muscular strength and endurance
- A 20-minute strength training segment to improve muscular strength and endurance
- A 5-10 minute stretch segment to increase flexibility
Participants may use a chair during exercise. Instructors modify exercises as needed for each participant. Weights will be provided for participants.
Location: Classes held via ZOOM, a link will be shared after you register.
Class Schedule: Mondays 10:30am, Wednesdays & Fridays 9:00am Led by: Certified Enhanced®Fitness Instructors
Details: Exercise from the comfort of your home with certified instructors who will help improve your flexibility, strength and balance over a 16-week period. Your progress will be monitored through a fitness test within the first week and then again at the end of the 16-week program.
Launch Date: Monday, June 20, 2022
End Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Fee: $50 for Members and Non-members
Enrollment is limited. A YMCA membership is not required to participate in the Enhanced®Fitness program.
Register TODAY By Contacting:
Debbie Nichols at 203.775.4444 ext. 136