Cancellation of Membership
Monthly membership drafts continue until the member notifies the Y they wish to terminate the membership. Membership is not dependent upon usage. Member is responsible for making any changes to membership.
There is a 30-day termination policy. If you wish to terminate your membership, member must complete the membership cancellation form in person at the Greenknoll branch or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships terminations are not taken over the phone.
Memberships are not automatically terminated due to non-use.
Cell Phone Policy
Video recorders, cameras, or any other visual recording devices are not allowed within the YMCA without the express written consent of the Branch Director or CEO. Cell phones now have the capacity to take pictures. To protect members and guests from unauthorized photos, the use of cell phones in locker rooms is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught taking pictures of another person without their permission and knowledge will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law by the YMCA and may lead to the termination of their membership. Contact member services with any concerns.
- There is no cell phones allowed in the cardio/weight rooms, functional fitness room or cycle studio unless you are using it for recreation purposes (listening to music, reading a book).
Babysitting is FREE with a full Family or Single-Parent Family membership.
- Ages allowed are 6 months-9 years of age
- 2 hour MAX when leaving your child/children in babysitting room
- No outside food allowed in child care room for food allergy purposes.
- You may supply a beverage for your child/children when dropping off for the duration of their stay.
- Please apply sunscreen during warm months since we take children outside on playground.
- On babysitting slip please provide where you will be in the facility. We will need to locate you if your child/children need their diaper changed.
- Same person who drops off MUST pick up, unless you notify childcare staff.
- You may only pick up your child/children form babysitting
Child Supervision Policy
No child under the age of 13 years will be allowed in the facility without an adult (18yrs+)
- Children 12 years and younger must have an adult present in our facility.
- Children under the age of 6 years must have a parent/adult (18yrs+) in the water with them at all times.
- Children age 7 years and over must use the locker room of the same gender.
We encourage members to share the experience of membership with friends so they may see the value of a YMCA membership and be encouraged to become members themselves.
- Each Membership Account is given 4 free guest passes per year.
- After those free passes are utilized, each membership account may bring in a maximum of 4 guests per day at a rate of $5.00 per person per day.
- All guests of Y members must have a photo ID, complete a waiver prior to using the facility and must be checked in at the Front Desk.
- All guests of Y members must be accompanied by the member and are not permitted to use the facility on their own.
- Y members are responsible for the behaviors and actions of their guest(s) and may be subject to suspension or revocation of membership.
- Guests under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a Y member and meet our Supervision requirements as outlined in Section 6 of this handbook.
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day, access is granted to Members and their guests only. No WALK INS are permitted during this peak time. Priority is given to our membership.
- The Y offers Day Passes for $20 each person (from September 1 through May 31) or $25 for Wellness Plus Locker Room
- The Regional Y conducts regular sex offender screenings on all guests over the age of 18.
Inclement Weather Policy
Any facility closings will be posted on our Website, Facebook Page and a voice message will be left on our phone lines. By State Law, all pools are subject to close in instance of thunder and lightning and will remain closed for a half hour after the lifeguard(s) on duty have heard the last boom of thunder.
A one-time joiner fee is due for all Full members upon joining/rejoining the Regional Y. Joiners fee will be waived if reactivating a membership within 60 days of cancellation.
Membership Card Policy
All members are required to present their membership card to the Member Services Desk upon entering the facility. Membership cards are the property of the Regional Y and must be surrendered upon demand of this institution. Lost cards will be replaced for a $5 fee.
- If you are a Wellness Plus member you must bring your Wellness Plus card when entering the facility. If forgotten, the front desk staff will have to let you into the facility. We will no longer allow you to leave your car keys/license if you forgot your card. To replace card, it will cost $5.00 per card.
- We reserve the right to revoke a membership if a member is caught giving their membership card to a non-member to use.
A member may put their membership on hold up to (3) months per calendar year.
Members may not access the facility while membership is on hold.
To put membership on hold, member must fill out a hold form at the Member Services Desk or email email@example.com, allowing 30 days’ written notice before next draft date.
After the last skipped month, draft will automatically begin.
Monthly Dues Payment Options
- Monthly Draft: Monthly payments will be drafted from your checking or savings account, debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX
- Annual: Fees are paid in full upon joining/renewal via cash, check, debit or credit card.
- Down Payment: Down payment (joiner’s fee + pro-rated first month) is due at time of enrollment and is based on join date.
Nationwide Membership Policies
Nationwide members may use our facilities. Nationwide members must present Member Services Desk with a valid membership card(s) from their home YMCA or a valid photo ID if they do not have their membership card.
- On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your “Home” YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- Insurance based memberships (Renew Active) do not have access to Nationwide membership. Renew Active members will need to bring their Healthy Contributions Code and sign up as a Renew Active member at our location when visiting.
- Nationwide members may take our free programs however; they cannot take a space away from a paying member (meaning you cannot reserve a bike for an Indoor Cycling class or our studio classes).
- Program-only participants and special memberships are not eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- Nationwide members must pay Program Member fees for the use of Child Watch (babysitting).
- To receive the member rate for fee-based programs, Nationwide members must activate a membership with the Regional YMCA.
- Nationwide members do not receive free guest passes. Nationwide members who wish to bring a guest can do so for $20.00 per person each visit.
- Nationwide members do not receive free access to our Health Center; it is $25.00 per visit.
All the programs have a minimum participant requirement. The Y may cancel a program due to low enrollment.
- If your child is taking classes and is less than 6 years old then you must be close by to supervise the class. Please ask your class instructor where they would prefer you to be during class times.
- If your child is taking classes and is at least 6 years old and you are a full member then you are free to use the facility while your child is in class.
- Teens who are 13 and up have all the privileges of an adult member, fitness classes included!
- Please make sure we have an accurate emergency phone number for inclement weather or injury.
If the YMCA due to weather or other reasons cancels a class, a voucher will be issued. If the participant misses a class, no voucher or refund will be issued and no make-up class will be given.
- Any request for session refunds must take place within the first week of current program session or a $10.00 fee will be subtracted from refund amount. (To be approved and applied by Program Director)
The YMCA Board of Directors may, at their discretion, adjust the monthly rate applicable to my category of membership. I understand that I will receive at least a four-week notice prior to any such change.
Wellness Center Guideline
Includes area such as, Cardio Room, Training Center, Functional Fitness area and Spin Studio
- For your safety, please wear appropriate attire such as a t-shirt, closed-toe athletic shoes, sweats, or shorts.
- Jeans, khakis, cargo pants/shorts, bathing suits or plastic suits
- Sandals, Crocs, flip flops, or boots
- Attire that is not safe, sanitary or appropriate
- Cell phones are not permitted in any program area or in the locker rooms, including the Wellness Center.
- Take calls and texts in the lobby.
- Wipe down all equipment after use with hygienic wipes provided.
- Return all equipment to its proper place and re-rack your weights after use.
- Do not rest on the equipment during peak times. Allow others to “work-in” or take turns.
Walk In Policy
Walk-ins are permitted from September through May at a rate of $20 per person, per day with use of the Wellness Locker Room or $25 per person, per day for use of the Wellness Plus Locker Room. Children under the age of 3 years are free with a paying guest pass.
Note during peak season, Memorial Day to Labor Day, the facility is reserved for full paying members and walk-ins are not permitted.